National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) Review and National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) FAQ
National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) is a highly regarded fitness certification organization since 1987, whose evidence-based coursework addresses fitness, sports performance, and sports medicine through hands-on or self directed learning methods.
Products and Services:
- Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) - Utilizing the OPT model (Optimum Performance Training Model), NASM trainers are prepared to train any client, with any fitness goal or impairment. All NASM certifications require a current CPR certification from a recognized organization.
- CPT Exam - $599
- CPT Pro - $699 - Includes Exam, Textbook, and Online Study Resources
- CPT Premier - $799 - Includes Exam, Textbook, Online Study Resources, and Live Workshop
- CPT Platinum - $999 - Includes Exam, Textbook, Online Study Resources, Live Workshop, Free Retest, and 90-day Job Guarantee
- Continuing Education is offered to expand students' current skill set and maintain current certifications by providing most up-to-date information. Live workshops, individual online courses, and recertification bundles are available for purchase. Courses offered range from balance and core training to business development to Speed, Agility and Quickness Training.
- Trainer Resources - Once you have become a NASM certified trainer, students have access to an article library to stay informed with current information, trainer insurance information, affiliate programs, and a community forum.
Return, Refund, and Exchange Policy:
- NASM offers a 15 day return policy on products and courses from the date of purchase by contacting NASM Member Services.
- Shipping, Handling, Installment Payments, and Finance fees are non-refundable.
- There is a restocking fee of 10% of the purchase price.
- Exam Extentions and Retests are non-refundable.
- All enrollments are non-transferable.
- All sales are final after 15 days.
- NASM does not offer a warranty for their products and does not guarantee passage of an exam.
- Students who do not pass the NASM CPT exam must call NASM-Board of Certification (BOC) 3 or more days after taking your test to purchase a retest. Students have 180 days from the date of purchasing a restest to retake the test.
- Students who need to reschedule their CPT exam must call PSI/Laser Grade more than 24 hours before exam to reschedule their exam date. Rescheduling with less than 24 hours results in a late cancellation fee.
- Items in stock ship within 2 business days for orders placed before 12 noon PST. Access to online courses may take up to two days.
- International shipping costs must be paid by credit card or wire transfer. Shipping costs are dependent on location.
Location and Customer Service:
- NASM has two physical locations:
- NASM office in Arizona. 1750 E. Northrop Blvd., Suite 200, Chandler, AZ 85286-1744
- Toll-free 800.460.6276, International 1.602.383.1200, Facsimile 480.656.3276
- Hours: Monday - Friday 6am-6pm MST, Saturday 8am-5pm MST
- NASM Board of Certification (BOC), 11161 Overbrook Road, Leawood, KS 66211
- Toll-free 800.460.6276, Facsimile 913.661.6245
- Hours: 7am - 5pm CST
- NASM live workshops are provided in many different locations, search here for a location near you.
- NASM is also available by phone or live chat:
- Sales Associates and Member Services staff at: 800.460.NASM during the hours of 6am to 6pm (MST)
- NASM offers a military discount for many certifications.
- NASM often runs specials on their certifications, typically offering a set amount off of a training package. Register as a member to recieve promotions via email.